- This event has passed.
Summer Symposium 2019
July 19, 2019 @ 7:30 am
Getting to the Heart of the Conversation: AAC in 2019
Getting beyond requesting and labeling, the clinician’s challenge is to create true communication for individual users of AAC. In this symposium, we will address the most-up-to-date, evidence-based means of achieving communication so that we can create conversant, functional, and employable communicators. The outpatient speech team of United Ability treats complex communicators while partnering with families and other professionals to increase quality of life through communication. We will address common misconceptions regarding AAC use and evaluation, as well as looking at current trends in AAC theories and applications for daily use with complex communicators.
Lynn Roebuck, M.S., CCC-SLP
Meredith Hankins, M.S., CCC-SLP
Melissa Pouncey, M.S. CCC-SLP
- Register for “The Cooper Lecture Series”
- 1. Go to https://register.ccs.ua.edu
- 2. Login or click on “Create Profile” – If creating profile complete the information requested for your online account.
- 3. Click on “Training”
- 4. Search: 2764 (It will return 2 options Lunch Option and the Conference)
- 5. Click on “Select Price” for either/both options and then Click “Add To Cart”
- 6. When completed with selecting options click “View Cart and Check Out” and complete your order.