How to Apply
Applications are only required for currently enrolled graduate students. All successful new applicants are considered for available scholarships and graduate teaching assistantships.
Apply online for the graduate assistantship (GA). The form will open in a new window.
- All graduate assistantship appointments provide a half tuition waiver for up to 15 hours, a monthly stipend, and health care coverage for the semester you are employed.
- All other fees (college/course fees, etc.) remain the responsibility of the graduate assistant.
- If an appointment is made after the beginning of the semester, the tuition waiver will be prorated based on the number of weeks remaining in the semester.
- If an assistant resigns, is dismissed or is otherwise unable to work the required number of hours, the tuition waiver will be prorated based on the amount of time worked.
- While subject to renewal, all assistantships end with the close of university operations for each semester (i.e, fall and spring). Graduate assistants do not work during the summer months.
- The application must be complete, signed, and dated in order to be considered valid.
Students seeking assistantships are required to meet these criteria:
- fully accepted into a master’s degree program by Graduate School
- full-time student and carry a minimum of 9 graduate credit hours per semester to be considered for employment
- available to work 10 hours each week during assigned semester
- able to spend 10 hours as a graduate assistant (Students who are in an off-campus placement during their final semesters and not able to devote 10 hours as a GA may be asked to relinquish the position.)
- academically qualified for the proposed assistantship position