How to Apply
Apply online for the graduate assistantship (GA). The form will open in a new window.
- All graduate assistantship appointments provide a half tuition waiver for up to 15 hours, a monthly stipend, and health care coverage for the semester you are employed.
- All other fees (college/course fees, etc.) remain the responsibility of the graduate assistant.
- If an appointment is made after the beginning of the semester, the tuition waiver will be prorated based on the number of weeks remaining in the semester.
- If an assistant resigns, is dismissed or is otherwise unable to work the required number of hours, the tuition waiver will be prorated based on the amount of time worked.
- While subject to renewal, all assistantships end with the close of university operations for each semester (i.e, fall and spring). Graduate assistants do not work during the summer months.
- The application must be complete, signed, and dated in order to be considered valid.
Students seeking assistantships are required to meet these criteria:
- fully accepted into a master’s degree program by Graduate School
- full-time student and carry a minimum of 9 graduate credit hours per semester to be considered for employment
- available to work 10 hours each week during assigned semester
- able to spend 10 hours as a graduate assistant (Students who are in an off-campus placement during their final semesters and not able to devote 10 hours as a GA may be asked to relinquish the position.)
- academically qualified for the proposed assistantship position