Skip to content
Director of Graduate Studies
- PhD, Florida State University, 2008
- MS, Missouri State University, 2000
- BS, Missouri State University, 1998
- Early autism identification and intervention in rural areas of Alabama
- Comparison and construct validity among repetitive behavior and language measurement tools in young children with ASD
- Research fidelity of early autism interventions
- Cultural variations of first words
- Rogers, S. J., Stahmer, A., Talbott, M., Young, G., Fuller, E., Pellecchia, M., Barber, A.B. & Griffith, E. (2020). Feasibility of Delivering Parent-Implemented NDBI Interventions in Low Resource Regions: A Pilot Randomized Controlled Study.
- Phillipas, A., Barber, A.B., Blakeney, A., Buster, J., Callori, S., Cole, B…..Greer, M. (2021). Autism Spectrum Disorders: Developing State Guidelines for Service. IDEA Infant and Toddler Coordinators Association Position Statement.
- Amaral, D. G., & de Vries, P. J. (2020). COVID?19 and Autism Research: Perspectives from Around the Globe. Autism Research, 13(6), 844.
- Barber, A.B., Yerby, L.G., Tomeny, T., Baker, L.K., Morales-Aleman, M. (2020). Exploring rural and urban caregiver descriptions of autism symptoms and etiology. International Journal of Disability, Development, and Education.
- Barber, A., Cook, C., Swineford, L., Belew, A. (2020). Effects of Project ImPACT Parent Mediated Intervention on the Expressive Vocabulary of Young Children with ASD. Perspectives in Language and Learning, ASHA.
- Faught, G. G., Conners, F. A., Barber, A. B., & Price, H. R. (2016). Addressing phonological memory in language therapy with clients who have Down syndrome: Perspectives of speech-language pathologists. International Journal of Language and Communication Disorders, 51(6), 703-714. doi: 10.1111/1460-6984.12241
- Barber, A. B., Saffo, R. W., Gilpin, A. T., Craft, L. D., & Goldstein, H. (2016). Peers as clinicians: Examining the impact of Stay Play Talk on social communication in young preschoolers with autism. Journal of communication disorders, 59, 1-15.
- *Pierucci, J.M., Barber, A.B., Crisler, M.E., Gilpin, A.T., & Klinger, L.G. (2014). Play constructs and developmental skills in children with autism spectrum disorder. Focus on Autism and other Developmental Disabilities.
- Griffin, M. A., Albertson, D., & Barber, A. B. (2014). A video digital library to support rural physicians’ decision-making about autism. The Code4Lib Journal, Issue 23, 2014-01-17.
- Pierucci, J. M., O’Brien, C. T., McInnis, M. A., Gilpin, A. T., & Barber, A. B. (2014). Fantasy orientation constructs and related executive function development in preschool: Developmental benefits to executive functions by being a fantasy-oriented child. International Journal of Behavioral Development, 38(1), 62-69.
- Barber, A. (2013). Multilinguistic components of spelling: An overview. SIG 1 Perspectives on Language Learning and Education, 20(4), 124-128.
- Barber, A.B., Wetherby, A.M., Chambers, N.W. (2011). Brief Report: Repetitive behaviors in young children with Autism Spectrum Disorder and developmentally similar peers: A follow up to Watt et al. (2008). Journal of Autism and Developmental Disorders. 10.1007
- Morgan, L., Wetherby, A., & Barber, A. (2008). Repetitive and stereotyped movements in children with autism spectrum disorders late in the second year of life. Journal of Child Psychology and Psychiatry, 49(8), 826-837.
- Watt, N., Wetherby, A., Barber, A., & Morgan, L. (2008). Repetitive and stereotyped behaviors in children with autism spectrum disorders in the second year of life. Journal of Autism and Developmental Disorders, 38(8), 1518-1533.
- Barber, A., Cook, C., Swineford, L., Belew, A. Effects of Project ImPACT Parent Mediated Intervention on the Expressive Vocabulary of Young Children with ASD. (accepted). Perspectives in Language and Learning, ASHA.
- Barber, A. Preparing future autism professionals: Effective SLP graduate student training. (submitted).Teaching and Learning in CSD.
- Manwaring, S. & Barber, A.B. (2018). Speech Language Pathology Treatments for ASD. Robert Rieske (Ed.), Handbook for Interdisciplinary Treatments for Autism Spectrum Disorder.