Skip to content
Director of Undergraduate Studies
- PhD, Speech Science, University of Iowa, 2007
- BA, Speech Pathology, University of Iowa, 2002
- BS, Psychology, University of Iowa, 2000
- Boyle, M. P., Daniels, D. E., Hughes, C. D., & Buhr, A. P. (2016). Considering disability culture for culturally competent interactions with individuals who stutter. Contemporary Issues in Communication Science and Disorders, 43, 11.
- Buhr, A. Stuttering. (2017). In E. Braaten, Ed., SAGE Encyclopedia of Intellectual and Developmental Disorders. SAGE.
- Buhr, A., Jones, R. M., Conture, E. G., Kelly, E. M. (2016). The function of repeating: The relation between word class and repetition type in developmental stuttering. International Journal of Language and Communication Disorders, 51(2), 128-136.
- Buhr, A. P., Scofield, J., Eyer, J. C., & Walden, T. (2017). Cued Attention to Self and Speech Fluency. Language, Speech, and Hearing.
- Buhr, A., & Zebrowski, P. M. (2009). Sentence position and syntactic complexity of stuttering in early childhood: A longitudinal study. Journal of Fluency Disorders, 34, 155-172.
- Buhr, A. P., Zebrowski, P. M., Arenas, R., Tumanova, V., & Loucks, T. (2016). Opening and Closing Jaw Gestures of Young Children who Stutter. Journal of Speech Pathology and Therapy, 1(3).
- Richels, C., Buhr, A., Conture, E. G., & Ntourou, K. (2010). Utterance Complexity and Stuttering on Function Words in Preschool-Age Children Who Stutter? Journal of Fluency Disorders, 35, 314-331.
- Walden, T. A., Frankel, C. B., Buhr, A. P., Johnson, K. N., Conture, E. G., & Karrass, J. M. (2012). Dual Diathesis-Stressor Model of Emotional and Linguistic Contributions to Developmental Stuttering. Journal of Abnormal Child Psychology, 1-12.