All incoming freshmen and transfer students will be assigned an advisor with the College of Arts and Sciences when they begin taking courses.

This major requires students be of sophomore standing or above, based on earned credit hours, before enrolling in any CD courses.

Communicative disorders advisors will be assigned by the department each semester as students reach sophomore standing. We will contact you via your email account with information about who your academic advisor will be. We send out a department email to inform you of when formal advising will begin and how to sign up for an appointment time.


Advising Worksheet

If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us at (205) 348-7131 or