Within the Department of Communicative Disorders, undergraduate and graduate students find a myriad of opportunities to do research in their fields of interest. Recent student research projects include the following:
- Measurement of emotion processing in cartoon and human videos by children with typical development and autism
- Assessment of hearing health in rural Alabama
- Pediatric feeding and swallowing assessment and treatment
- Gesture use of politicians during presidential debates
- Efficacy of early parent-mediated autism interventions and dissemination of parent interventions into underserved communities
How to Get Started
Please email the faculty member you are interested in working with to inquire about any opportunities they might have available. Faculty contact information is available in the department directory.