Undergraduate Advising

All incoming freshmen and transfer students will be assigned an advisor with the College of Arts and Sciences when they begin taking courses.

This major requires students to be of sophomore standing or above, based on earned credit hours, before enrolling in any CD courses.

Communicative disorders advisors will be assigned by the department each semester as students reach sophomore standing. We will contact you via your @crimson.ua.edu email account with information about who your academic advisor will be. We send out a department email to inform you of when formal advising will begin and how to sign up for an appointment time.

If you have additional questions about advising or the undergraduate program, email Dr. Paul Reed, Director of Undergraduate Studies, at pereed1@ua.edu.

advising FAQ

Frequently Asked Questions

Find answers about courses, graduate school, and more. 
undergraduate catalog

Undergraduate Catalog

See a list of requirements for the undergraduate major and minor.