- AuD, The University of Florida, 2012
- MS, The University of Alabama, 2002
- BSEd, The University of Georgia, 2000
Dr. Christy Albea is a clinical audiologist and instructor at The University of Alabama. Prior to joining the faculty and staff at the University in 2017, Dr. Albea worked at Tuscaloosa Ear, Nose, and Throat for 15 years. At the UA Speech and Hearing Center, Dr. Albea provides comprehensive evaluation and management of auditory disorders in infants, children, and adults. Her primary areas of interest include adult aural rehabilitation and pediatric auditory processing disorder. Dr. Albea is a member of the American Speech-Language Hearing Association and the Speech and Hearing Association of Alabama.
- Instructor for CD 102/103 (Communicative Disorders First-Year Overview), CD 443 (Basic Audiology) CD 445 (Undergraduate Audiology Lab Experience), CD 545 (Graduate Audiology Lab Experience), and CD 546 (Aural Rehabilitation for the Speech-Language Pathologist).
- Supervise undergraduate students providing clinical services to children and adults at the University of Alabama Speech and Hearing Center.
- 2022-2023 University of Alabama Emerging Community Engagement Scholars Program
- 2021-2022 University of Alabama Community-Engaged Learning Faculty Fellows Program
- Albea, C. (Co-Presenter), SHAA 2021 Convention, “Groups, Games, and Grounds: Making Adult Aural Rehab Groups Engaging and Effective,” Virtual, Tuscaloosa, AL (March 2021).