Evie A. Malaia
- PhD, Purdue University, 2005
- MS, Chuvash State Pedagogical University, Russia, 2001
- BS, Chuvash State Pedagogical University, Russia, 2000
- Computational nerolinguistics
- Neural bases of communication in children and youth on autism spectrum
- Computational analysis of sign language signal (production and perception)
- Perception-action-cognition relationship in language development and evolution
- Applications of fundamental research to education
Dr. Evie Malaia trained as a computational linguist and neuroscientist at Purdue University, and has completed prestigious research fellowships at the Netherlands Institute for Advanced Studies and the University of Freiburg (Germany).
She investigates the relationship between cognitive and linguistic processing using neural and computational modeling methods, including AI/machine learning. Her clinical interests are in populations on autism spectrum, and users of a variety of sign languages.